As a leading renewable energy developer, we’re now looking for extraordinary talents to help us establish and grow in Italy. If your energy is as endless as ours, we would like to meet.
About the job
As a Solar Project Engineer you are responsible for providing technical expertise throughout the development process with a heavy focus on utility-scale and commercial PV system siting, engineering, construction methods, and system production modelling. You will utilize your knowledge of PV project engineering, electric generating facilities, renewable energy, utility interconnection requirements and control schemes to evaluate, identify, and mitigate commercial risks associated with proposed project designs. The position as Solar Project Engineer is a cross-functional position that supports both the Transaction- and the Business Development teams in pursuit of investment opportunities, including acquisition, brownfield and greenfield development until Financial Close and EPC contract signature and project selling. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Work collaboratively to ensure strategic integration with key internal business unit stakeholders.
- Responsible for technical inputs in financial model, technical design and risks associated to technical design.
- Support the Project Development process.
- Ensure that the whole design in the different stages of the project development is carried out in compliance with all the applicable norms, regulations and requirements as well as all applicable permits.
- Undertake LCOE Optimisation Analysis for new Projects.
- Coordinate the Solar Technical, Procurement and Grid Export teams in the energy yield assessments and solar PV plant design to achieve the most optimized design in line with the LCOE analysis performed.
- Together with the Grid Export technician ensure the entire adequacy of the design to the grid connection requirements.
- Work with Procurement Manager on issuing RFPs, reviewing EPC bids and determining contracting strategy.
- Support EPC negotiations for technical matters, warranties, performance guarantees, and liquidated damages.
- Lead the ongoing monitoring and maintenance strategy for projects, provide cost estimates and resource requirements.
- Provide guidance on site visits to both new greenfield sites and sites under development and/or construction.
- Maintain an organized and clearly documented set of project specific technical deliverables.
- Keep abreast of development in the PV solar field.
You are a problem-solver with a customer-oriented mindset and an ability to conquer challenging work requirements and achieve business results through the application of technical abilities. You are an effective communicator with leadership skills that can work with diverse teams ranging from executive management and key stakeholders to construction, contractors and construction personnel. You have a good industry knowledge, a strong drive and feel comfortable working independently in complex projects whit limited guidance. Requirements for the position:
- Solid experience of Utility Solar Power Plants in similar position, preferably in the Italian market.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Science in Engineering, or a state registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Strong understanding of the development process for Solar PV projects and good understanding of energy project finance.
- Knowledge about the international standards which apply to PV Solar Projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, read and organize data, study and apply policies and procedures, evaluate graphic and/or numerical information and the information conveyed in complex documents incl. technical drawings, graphs, maps, and other technical documents.
It is also desired that you:
- Are proficient in engineering design software such as PVsyst, AutoCAD, ArcGIS Pro, PSSE etc.
- Speak any of the languages; Spanish, Swedish, Polish or French.
- Has an MBA, Executive Education or PhD in Engineering.
- Has experience in other energy markets such as Oil & Gas, Wind, Storage, etc.
- Has construction experience.
This position is based in OX2's office in Milan with possibility of partial remote work. For this position you need to have avaliability to travel up to 15% of the working time and avaliability to attend meetings at the office in Madrid.
If you think that this sounds interesting for you and if want to be part of leading the energy revolution together with us, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than 31st of October.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OX2 develops and sells wind and solar farms. OX2 has taken a leading position in large-scale onshore wind power over the past 16 years and has developed and sold approximately 2.5 GW in Sweden, Finland, Poland and Norway for clients such as Allianz, Ardian and IKEA. Between 2014 and 2020, OX2 realised more onshore wind power in Europe than any other developer. By constantly increasing access to renewable energy, OX2 is promoting the transition towards a more sustainable future. OX2 has operations in Sweden, Finland, Poland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain, Italy and Romania with its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales in 2020 was SEK 5,201 million (approx. €510 million) with an EBIT of SEK 416 million (approx. €41 million). The OX2 share is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market. www.ox2.com