Creating a world where both people and planet can continue to prosper might be the greatest challenge of our generation. Our main tools to overcome this challenge are large-scale renewable energy sources and fantastic employees that are convinced that each one of us can make a difference, even more so together. Do you want to make a difference in the shift to renewable energy?
About the role
The GIS Engineer is a specialist function within the Development team. You will be responsible for handling all geographical information and making it available for the project teams in printed and/or online maps. You will also be responsible for setting up and maintaining the Project Limitation List (PLL), perform regular Screening campaigns and monitor the national wind power market. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Responsibility for the entire package of geographical information of the projects.
- Production of printed maps as well as online maps that serves as a central platform for the project team.
- Ongoing search for and analysis of new possible areas for wind, solar power and power to X concepts.
- GIS analysis
- Gather of updated and relevant data from external sources.
- Gather geographical field data during site visits.
- Establish and updating the Project Limitation List (PLL).
- Provide geographical data for use in energy yield calculations as well as noise and shadow calculations, known as Site Data Package (SDP).
- Daily monitoring of the energy market and updating of the internal Market Intel database (YODA).
You are a team player with a good problem-solving ability and delivery-oriented mindset that can handle parallel workstreams while managing budget and time plan. Further we believe that you are humble, diplomatic and strong at building relationships and communicating with a variety of stakeholders.
You have documented expertise skills within geographical information systems (GIS), preferably ESRI products such as ArcGIS PRO and ArcGIS Online/Enterprise and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders in a trustful and professional way. Some requirements for this position:
- Experience of gathering geographical field data.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Fluent in Swedish and English.
It's a plus if you also have:
- Experience in the field from the energy or civil business.
- Finnish language skills
- Structuring data and habit of working with databases .
This position is located in OX2's Åland office.
If you think that this sounds like a match for you, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than May 31st 2022. We will contact candidates on an ongoing basis and the position might be closed before the last date.For us at OX2, it is important that we stay as objective as possible when recruiting, therefore after applying for the job you will be asked to take a personality and logic test through Alva labs based on the requirement profile for this position. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OX2 develops and sells wind and solar farms. OX2 has taken a leading position in large-scale onshore wind power over the past 16 years and has developed and sold approximately 2.5 GW in Sweden, Finland, Poland and Norway for clients such as Allianz, Ardian and IKEA. Between 2014 and 2020, OX2 realized more onshore wind power in Europe than any other developer. By constantly increasing access to renewable energy, OX2 is promoting the transition towards a more sustainable future. OX2 has operations in Sweden, Finland, Poland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain, Italy, Romania and Greece with its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales in 2020 was SEK 5,201 million (approx. €510 million) with an EBIT of SEK 416 million (approx. €41 million). The OX2 share is listed on Nasdaq Main Market. www.ox2.com