Creating a world where both people and planet can continue to prosper might be the greatest challenge of our generation. Our main tools to overcome this challenge are large-scale renewable energy sources and fantastic employees that are convinced that each one of us can make a difference, even more so together.
About the role
Along with regular work come exciting opportunities for research expeditions to various locations around the Baltic Sea. As a Marine Biologist’s you will explore the deep ocean to study the plants and animals. You will work with a local and international team, as well as partners, to understand our oceans and aquatic life to create good knowledge and data capture for the construction of next generation of energy solutions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting inventories, testing and monitoring of marine life.
- Collecting and analyzing samples and developing new theories based on this research
- Engaging in coring techniques, geographic information systems (GIS), visual recording and sampling to determine the health of the marine environment
- Develop and research of the marine environment, but also onshore studies will occure.
- Study characteristics of animals in the ocean such as movement patterns, habitants etc.
- Analyze the effect of human activity and construction on marine ecosystems
- Collect biological data and specimens to analyze
- Monitor and manage wildlife populations and invasive plants and animals
- Write reports and permit applications connected to the findings
We are looking for an engaging, technically and scientifically proficient marine biologist with solid communication skills who want to make a difference in the shift to renewable energy. You have research experience in their field and excellent interpersonal skills. Requiremetns for this position:
- Proven work experience as a Marine Biologist or similar role
- Keen observation skills
- Good communication skills
- Sound reasoning and judgment skills to draw conclusions from observations and research
- University degree with formal aquatic research experience preferred
This position is located in OX2's Åland office.
If you think that this sounds like a match for you, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than May 31st 2022. We will contact candidates on an ongoing basis and the position might be closed before the last date.For us at OX2, it is important that we stay as objective as possible when recruiting, therefore after applying for the job you will be asked to take a personality and logic test through Alva labs based on the requirement profile for this position. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
OX2 develops and sells wind and solar farms. OX2 has taken a leading position in large-scale onshore wind power over the past 16 years and has developed and sold approximately 2.5 GW in Sweden, Finland, Poland and Norway for clients such as Allianz, Ardian and IKEA. Between 2014 and 2020, OX2 realized more onshore wind power in Europe than any other developer. By constantly increasing access to renewable energy, OX2 is promoting the transition towards a more sustainable future. OX2 has operations in Sweden, Finland, Poland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain, Italy, Romania and Greece with its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales in 2020 was SEK 5,201 million (approx. €510 million) with an EBIT of SEK 416 million (approx. €41 million). The OX2 share is listed on Nasdaq Main Market. www.ox2.com