Creating a world where both people and planet can continue to prosper might be the greatest challenge of our generation. Our main tools to overcome this challenge are large-scale renewable energy sources and fantastic employees that are convinced that each one of us can make a difference, even more so together. Do you want to make a difference in the shift to renewable energy?
About the role
As a permit expert you will be responsible for securing the best quality in environmental permit related matters by monitoring legal practice and relevant legislation. You will act as permit expert in projects and be responsible for synergies and knowledge sharing between projects. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Manage external influence work regarding guideline development for protection of species.
- Participate in screening for new projects and dialogues with municipalities and other authorities.
- Make sure taht all projects are up to date regarding legal practice and relevant legislation.
- Monitoring of ongoing relevant court processes, verdicts, legislation and permit related acts.
- Participate in external projects such as development of guidelines for environmental restrictions etc.
- Have ownership of templates for EIA and hearing material.
- Status of municipal comprehensive plans for wind power and strategy how to incorporate our project areas in them.
- Environmental and municipal/regional planning perspective in screening team.
- Support on environmental permit matters in wind, solar and hydrogen projects.
- Constantly develop our way of working regarding permit process, methods for field inventories etc.
- Conduct Due Diligence for development related matters during an acquiring process.
You are a team player with a delivery-oriented mindset and good problem-solving ability . You have strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Requiremetns for the position:
- At least 2-5 years of experience working within permit related matters
- Solid experience developing projects classified as Environmental Hazardous Activities according to the Environmental Code, preferably wind power.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree, most likely in engineering, environmental science/law or any other related area.
- Fluent in Swedish and in English.
- Good skills with the MS Office package in general.
This position is located in OX2's Åland office.
If you think that this sounds like a match for you, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than May 31st 2022. We will contact candidates on an ongoing basis and the position might be closed before the last date.For us at OX2, it is important that we stay as objective as possible when recruiting, therefore after applying for the job you will be asked to take a personality and logic test through Alva labs based on the requirement profile for this position. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OX2 develops and sells wind and solar farms. OX2 has taken a leading position in large-scale onshore wind power over the past 16 years and has developed and sold approximately 2.5 GW in Sweden, Finland, Poland and Norway for clients such as Allianz, Ardian and IKEA. Between 2014 and 2020, OX2 realized more onshore wind power in Europe than any other developer. By constantly increasing access to renewable energy, OX2 is promoting the transition towards a more sustainable future. OX2 has operations in Sweden, Finland, Poland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain, Italy, Romania and Greece with its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales in 2020 was SEK 5,201 million (approx. €510 million) with an EBIT of SEK 416 million (approx. €41 million). The OX2 share is listed on Nasdaq Main Market. www.ox2.com