Use your skills to power the great shift. At OX2, you work for a professional and ambitious company that is committed to accelerating access to renewable energy to speed up the transition to clean energy. We are multi-specialists to the core, offering a dynamic and inspiring workplace and enabling seamless, cross-functional collaboration to achieve optimal results. At OX2 we empower you to take action, giving you the freedom and accountability to make great things happen, to make a lasting impact.
About the job
OX2 is seeking a highly motivated individual for a GIS Specialist position to assist with project development in the renewable energy industry. You will work with the project development team to support mapping, site identification and due diligence efforts of new sites, preliminary site design tasks, resource evaluation, grid interconnection and other aspects of renewable energy project development.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Collect and acquire parcel data and other geospatial data from trusted public and for-purchase data sources.
- Conduct screening for potential project sites using ArcGIS Desktop and Enterprise.
- Clearly communicate results and findings to team members.
- Establish and maintain databases of relevant screening datasets.
- Coordinate with project developers to define key criteria for project site selection in various jurisdictions.
- Validate and manage all project related geospatial data to maintain data integrity.
- Analyse and model geospatial data for further use, e.g., wind analysis and civil design.
- Map and visualize geospatial data in high quality static or dynamic maps
- Configuring field apps to achieve efficiencies in field operations
- Establish department-specific GIS work plans, aligned, as appropriate with corporate GIS work plan
- Participate in the use and growth of geospatial tools
- Participate in functional teams as needed.
As a person, you are relationship-building, easy to collaborate with and want to contribute to a positive work culture. You are responsive and have good communication skills that make it easy to work with you. You are also curious, want to learn and benefit from new knowledge and find new solutions.
Requirements for the position:
- GIS and mapping software experience. ESRI ArcGIS preferred.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Enterprise/Online.
- Experience with spatial analyst tools, geodatabases and webservice architecture, proficient in vector and raster data processing
- Experience with ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS Earth, and other ESRI apps.
- Familiarity with environmental constraints in order to assess the viability of land for renewable power plant development.
This position is located in Bucharest (+ possibility for flexi work, office & remote)
If you think that this sounds like a match for you, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than November 15th.
For us at OX2, it is important that we stay as objective as possible when recruiting, therefore we partner with the team of Posteris. Posteris is our partner in this recruitment and will organize the process and conduct the initial conversations with aspiring candidates. In the later stages we will ensure an optimal integration into the team of OX2 by introducing personality and logic tests to a selected group of candidates. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
OX2 is a fully integrated provider of renewable energy solutions at scale. We are a pan-European multi-technology company bringing together the brightest minds and most ambitious team players to address the defining challenge of our time: the shift from fossil fuels to clean energy, the greater shift to a sustainable society and economy. We accelerate the access to renewable energy. Sales in 2021 was about 5 billion SEK. The company has almost 400 employees and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. OX2 is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2022.
For more information visit: www.ox2.com