Use your skills to power the great shift. At OX2, you work for a professional and ambitious company that is committed to accelerating access to renewable energy to speed up the transition to clean energy. We are multi-specialists to the core, offering a dynamic and inspiring workplace and enabling seamless, cross-functional collaboration to achieve optimal results. At OX2 we empower you to take action, giving you the freedom and accountability to make great things happen, to make a lasting impact.
OX2 is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Project Development Engineer position to assist with GIS infrastructure and project development.
About the role
As a Project Development Engineer you will report to Head of Development and will work closely with the OX2 Greek development team and support in everyday GIS data tasks (data processing/exports/map creation/conversions analysis). You will also assist with all PV/Wind projects’ land control related issues.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Work closely with the external consultants/developers responsible for the company’s portfolio development
- Establish and maintain databases of relevant screening (GIS) datasets
- Coordinate with project developers to define key criteria for project site selection in various jurisdictions
- Validate and manage all project related geospatial data to maintain data integrity
- Conduct screening for potential project sites using ArcGIS Desktop and Enterprise
- Establish department-specific GIS work plans, aligned, as appropriate with corporate GIS work plan
- Stakeholder management with concerned stakeholders such as Municipality, Prefecture, Administrative Board, Authorities, local associations, residents and landowners etc
- Provide assistance to procure services from external consultants and lawyers
- Conduct due diligence for development / environmental matters during acquiring process
- Work closely with Technical Project Manager (wind projects) and Solar Project Engineer (solar) in providing the needed GIS information in format and timely manner and with the corresponding updates during the stages of Acquisition, Development and Realization, so that design is up to date
As a person, you are relationship-building, easy to collaborate with and want to contribute to a positive work culture. You are responsive and have good communication skills that make it easy to work with you. You are also curious, want to learn and benefit from new knowledge and find new solutions.
Requirements for the position:
- A University degree, preferably in Engineering
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Renewable Energy Systems (RES) project development and familiarity with RES permitting processes (RAE, EIA, IPTO etc)
- Proficiency in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Portal/Online
- Experience with spatial analyst tools, format transformations, geodatabases and webservice architecture, proficient in vector and raster data processing
- Experience with ArcGIS Field Maps, ArcGIS Earth, and other ESRI apps
- Familiarity with environmental constraints in order to assess the viability of land for RES development
- Proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD
- Fluent in English and Greek, both oral and written
This position is located in Athens (+ possibility for flexi work, office & remote)
If you think that this sounds like a match for you, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than December 25th. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment please reach out to Konstantinos.email@example.com
OX2 is a fully integrated provider of renewable energy solutions at scale. We are a pan-European multi-technology company bringing together the brightest minds and most ambitious team players to address the defining challenge of our time: the shift from fossil fuels to clean energy, the greater shift to a sustainable society and economy. We accelerate the access to renewable energy. Sales in 2021 was about 5 billion SEK. The company has almost 400 employees and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. OX2 is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2022.
For more information visit: www.ox2.com