Use your skills to power the great shift. At OX2, you work for a professional and ambitious company that is committed to accelerating access to renewable energy to speed up the transition to clean energy. We are multi-specialists to the core, offering a dynamic and inspiring workplace and enabling seamless, cross-functional collaboration to achieve optimal results. At OX2 we empower you to take action, giving you the freedom and accountability to make great things happen, to make a lasting impact.
We are looking for an Energy Storage Project Engineer who will be a vital part of the OX2 Energy Storage Team. The Energy Storage team is a young and ambitious team driving the business development of energy storage within OX2. Together with OX2’s country teams, the Energy Storage team has built up an ever-growing portfolio of battery energy storage projects across OX2’s markets.
About the role
As an Energy Project Engineer you will provide technical expertise throughout the development, engineering and procurement of Energy Storage projects. You will be responsible for delivering technical solutions for successful construction and sale of energy storage projects.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Manages engineering and design aspects of utility-scale integrated energy storage solutions in an international environment
- Supports the project development and acquisition process, including the management and review of the Technical Due Diligence and internal or external technical reports
- Coordinates performance and cycling assessments and energy storage project design to achieve the most optimized design from technical and economical perspective
- Works with grid & control team to ensure optimal design of grid connections
- Manages the external technical advisors
- Support procurement in issuing RFPs, reviewing EPC bids and doing technical alignments and performance guarantees
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering degree
- At least 2 years’ experience in utility-scale BESS engineering work
- Experience in engineering aspects of MV / HV grid connection
- Strong understanding of the development process for BESS projects, including constraints analysis, grid connection and permitting processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages, such as Spanish, Swedish, Italian, Polish, French or Spanish will be valued positively
- Several years’ experience from working in a multinational organisation. Meriting with experience of projects in several countries
- Familiarized with the international standards which apply to BESS projects
- Proficient in engineering design software, including but not limited to AutoCAD. ArcGIS Pro, PSSE, etc. is desired
- Understanding of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Project and Excel.
- Other experience in other energy markets such as Oil & Gas, Wind, PV, etc. will be valued.
- Construction experience will be valued significantly
You are a driven and proactive person - you always try to be one step ahead, seeing possibilities and opportunities. Further on we want you to be driven by technology, enjoying hands-on technical and modelling work as well as understanding commercial aspects of projects. You are used to work with diverse teams ranging from executive management and key stakeholders to construction contractors and construction personnel.
This position is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and there will be possibility for remote work. You should be available to travel up to 15% of the working time.
If you think that this sounds like a match for you, we welcome your application as soon as possible, but no later than 10th of February 2023.
For us at OX2, it is important that we stay as objective as possible when recruiting, therefore after applying for the job you will be asked to take a personality and logic test through Alva labs based on the requirement profile for this position. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
About OX2 Energy storage
Energy storage is expected to play a key role in the electricity system of the future, which is why OX2 has started developing battery storage projects (Battery Energy Storage System, BESS) in parallel with our operations in wind and solar power.
The Energy Storage team is a young and ambitious team driving the business development of energy storage within OX2. Since its start in 2021, the team has built up a portfolio of battery energy storage projects across OX2’s markets with aggressive growth targets for the coming years.
With our first project "Bredhälla BESS" under construction in Sweden, our focus today is on utility-scale lithium-ion battery energy storage solutions, both stand-alone and co-located with OX2’s renewable energy projects. However, our future will bring promising other energy storage technologies as well.